In this tutorial, I’m going to guide you on how to install Magento 2 on a shared hosting within a few steps using Softaculous.
About is Softaculous
In short, Softaculous is a program that is integrated with hosting control panel (like Cpanel, Directadmin). Softaculous helps users to install opensource web script onto hosting with little effort.
Since 2015, Magento 2 has been available in Softaculous and in this tutorial, we are going to install Magento 2 with Softaculous.
Step by Step to install Magento 2 with Softaculous
There’re 3 steps to install Magento 2 with Softaculous
Step 1: Locate Softaculous.
Softaculous can be found in popular hosting control panels like Directadmin or Cpanel, below is where you can find it.
- In Cpanel: click on Softaculous to proceed.
- In Directadmin: Under Advanced features, click on Softaculous Auto Installer to proceed
Step 2: Install Magento 2
After proceed to Softaculous installer screen, under Ecommerce section on the right menu, select Magento
Now we will choose Magento version, protocol and domain to install
- Choose the version you want to install: Here we choose Magento 2.3.0
- Choose protocol: If you purchased https or you plan to use free Let’s Enscrypt ssl, you can choose HTTPS, otherwise, select http
- Choose domain: the domain of your store
- In Directory: leave blank if you want to install Magento 2 to root directory (recommend)
Step 3: Setup admin account
Next, we will configure admin account for Magento 2 access.
- Admin path: this field sets the path to access admin section of your website, for example: mydomain.com/admin123
- Admin username: username to access admin panel
- Password: set a strong password like suggested
Remember to note this infomation as they will not be mentioned in the next steps
Leave advanced options if you don’t know what they are.
Step 4: Finalize installation
Now click on Install and wait a few minutes for the installation process
After everything is done, you will receive Congratulation page which contains path to your website, admin panel
Congratulation, you have succeeded to install Magento 2, now use the information in step 3 to access your website and admin section
If you have any trouble install Magento 2 with Softaculous, drop a comment below and we will tell you how to fix them right away.
Thanks for reading
Latest posts by Hung Tran (see all)
- How fix Exception Printing is Disabled by Default for Security Reasons in Magento 2 - March 12, 2019
- How to install Magento 2 on shared hosting with Softaculous - March 7, 2019
- A2hosting Magento 2 Hosting Reviews: Pros & Cons - March 4, 2019